1. Don't be a dick.
- If you feel like you shouldn't be doing something then you're probably right.
- If you go out of your way to ruin rounds, best case scenario you'll wind up dead. Worst case scenario is you'll end up banned.
- If you grief, sabotage, release hostile mobs, generally cause dickish chaos, destroy parts of the station etc because you're bored or want to liven up the round, you will be banned instantly.
2. Act like an antagonist, get treated like one.
Here are a few common cases:
- Breaking in or assisting breaking in into highly secure areas (Vault, Captain's Office, Armory, Permabrig, AI upload, AI core etc.)
- Blocking off areas with lots of walls.
- Mass lubing public areas to get people hurt/killed.
- Blowing up fuel tanks.
- Exposing areas to space such as breaking the windows in escape.
Stealing high risk objective items (hand teleporter, captain's laser gun, etc)
- A doctor having a hypospray and using it to heal people isn't a threat. Nor is the RD having a hand teleporter. Use your head to discern whether someone really shouldn't have that gear.
Carrying antagonist gear is at your own risk.
- If you witness someone kill an antagonist and take their gear, the looter is not an antagonist so don't kill them. Be reasonable.
Antagonising security to extreme levels:
- Organising regular jail breaks, rendering the brig useless, actively hindering security during rev/gang/cult as loyatly implanted staff etc.
- Getting in the way of an arrest is not "antagonising security to extreme levels."
This is not a comprehensive list of what constitutes antagonist behavior. All cases are to be judged by admins of what is the appropriate response to a particular behavior.
3. Rules for antagonists:
Antagonists are exempt from nearly all rules. They are only required to follow the following rules:
- Do not camp arrivals (including the main arrivals hall) for kills.
- Do not metagame/multikey/metacomm.
- Do not take IC into OOC chat.
- Do not take OOC info into IC behavior.
- Do not use bug/exploits to break the game.
- Do not kill fellow team antagonists such as nuclear ops/revs/gangs/cult/shadowling.
- Do not force others into erotic roleplay.
- Do not try to get others banned via ban baiting.
4. Rules for non-antagonists:
Non-antagonists are expected to follow all the rules here where applicable.
- This also includes the rules that antagonists are expected to follow where applicable.
5. Do not kill/attack/bomb/grief/etc people on the emergency shuttle BEFORE IT DOCKS AT CENTRAL COMMAND.
- Non-antagonists may stop obvious antagonists doing the above.
6. Do not discuss the current round in OOC.
Do not talk about anyone or anything of the current round in OOC.
- This is a 0 tolerance policy due to how it can ruin the game.
- Minor infractions will result in warnings and major infractions will result in bans.
- If you don't understand a game mechanic, ask the mentors in mentorhelp or adminhelp if the mentors aren't responding.
7. This is a low-rp server.
Some semblance of character is expected.
- Humans are meant to have passable names.
- Clowns/Mimes/Silicons/Other races have lowered standards for names.
- Joining to solely play antagonist roles is not allowed, no matter your job type.
- We're not expecting you to play every round you join. Just don't go AFK consistently because you didn't roll as antagonist.
- Do not use parentheses, emoticons, acronyms or post links in IC.
- Do not misuse custom emotes (/me) to display information you'd have no way of emoting (ie. /me is innocent /me is a mime /me doesn't care you asshole).
- Using information outside of your job is allowed. I.e. A medical doctor setting up the engine.
- Having knowledge of all traitor types is allowed. I.e. John Smith is a traitor/nuke op/changeling/etc.
8. Do not use bug/exploits to break the game.
- Bugs that are incredibly malicious (crashing the round etc) should be reported to admin/coders discreetly via adminhelp.
- Be responsible and disclose all other bugs on the github issue tracker.
- Minor exploits are judged on a case by case basis, depending on how severe they are.
9. Self Defense and Attacking:
- Murdering someone without proper reasoning is forbidden.
- Do not kill people over minor circumstances: I.e. murdering someone since they broke a window.
- Beating someone into critical is considered murder for these rules.
- If people are actively preventing you from doing your job via theft of ID cards or unique equipment, you may use force to retrieve said equipment or ID cards.
- This ties into acting like an antag. Expect to be attacked if you're acting like an antag.
- Purposefully doing borderline antag behaviour to bait people into attacking you so that you can kill them is still a violation of Rule 1.
Lethal intent is when an assailant is using lethal firearms with intent to kill; combining stun, cuffs and strips wordlessly; stunning and attacking with a deadly weapon; chasing you with stun weapon for little reason etc.
- If a non-sec does stun, cuff and strip you but after the search they let you go, it's non-lethal.
- If a non-sec does stun, attempts to cuff/strip then it's usually lethal.
- Sec using stun and cuffs is non-lethal unless they're a suspected imposter. (You should have evidence to support this.)
- If the target cannot be restrained (Hulks, one armed people) then lethal force is authorized. Unless you have reason to keep them dead, heal them afterwards.
10. Multikeying, Metagaming, Metacommunication, Metafriending and Metagrudging:
- Multikeying is any action that involves a person using more than one Byond account in a round.
- This will usually result in a permanent ban.
- Metagaming can be defined as any out of character action made by a player's character which makes use of knowledge that the character is not meant to be aware of (For instance opening a locker with ones traitor gear in it less than 30 seconds after joining the round), typically involving utilising OOC communication provided by a friend.
- This will usually result in a permanent ban.
- Metacommunication is defined as using an external chat or voice over IP client to talk about the current round.
- This in conjunction with the other meta-acts will result in their respective punishment.
- Metafriending is the act of retaining friendships from past rounds and using it to influence your decisions in-game. Each round is a fresh and new one, you aren't allowed to retain knowledge from previous rounds unless it's something harmless like your character's skills.
- This will range from warnings to bans.
- Metagrudging is the act of holding grudges over rounds and letting this influence your IC decisions, an example of this is if someone slips you and steals your shoes last round and you spend the rest of the round trying to get them back but never find the guy. To make up for this next round you find the same guy in the next round and try to attack him with the aim of stealing his shoes and locking him in a room.
- If you feel like someone is metagrudging you, then adminhelp.
- This will range from warnings to bans.
- All of these will be treated on a case by case basis. Punishments may be modified based on the circumstances.
Using ghost knowledge is forbidden in nearly all circumstances. The exceptions are as follows:
- Cultists using the Astral (ghost) rune.
- Anyone using the scrying orb.
Metacommunication to teach a friend is okay PROVIDED you let an admin online know via adminhelp.
- Do not abuse this to metagame.
- Let admins online know if you're playing with other people in the same house.
11. Failure to respond to administrator private messages is an automatic permaban. You are usually given a small grace period.
- Logging out when an administrator is messaging you is also an automatic permaban.
- Admittedly sometimes people might have connection issues or computer freezes and the like. That is fair enough, if you appeal it on those grounds it's much more likely to be reversed.
- Even a short message responding back to the PMing admin is enough.
12. Don't have objectives? You're not a traitor! (Excluded from this are Crew Objectives) If you don't get assigned an antagonist role, then you aren't an antagonist.
- Even though you selected an antagonist role in the pre-game lobby, this does not automatically make you an antagonist.
- Do not self-antag. If an antagonist spares your life then do not help them kill. Asking to be rev/cult/gang/thrall/mindslave etc counts as self-antagging.
13. Do not use adminhelp unless you require administrator assistance to resolve an issue or ask a question.
- When using adminhelp, you are handing control of the case to the admin. Do not take revenge until an admin says you can.
- When using adminhelp, provide as much information about your issue as you can within the first report.
- If you adminhelp about someone griefing you and we find out you were killed because you started a fight with someone and lost, then you'll be dealt with accordingly.
14. If you repeatedly end up being incompetent as a certain job or disconnecting as head roles without informing an admin we have the right to job ban you until we're confident enough you won't slip up again. Your ineptitude or leaving can often cause major problems later on in the round.
- Security is expected to care for suspects they brig. Their cell timer, possessions, any injuries that are killing them (bleeding/poison) are your responsibility.
- Security is also expected to use non-lethal stuns and tools to restrain suspects. Lethal intent is only justified in few circumstances. Not being fully equipped on your own accord is not an excuse.
15. Never purposefully accuse someone of being an antagonist without justification or evidence supporting it, it can result in the person's death.
- Purposefully accusing someone you want killed of being an antagonist with no supporting evidence is considered grief and it will get you banned.
- Accusing the AI of being MALF or being rogue because it wouldn't let you into a restricted area or the power went off in your room is a shitty reaction and will be treated as such.
16. Rules for interacting with silicons:
- Threatening to kill yourself if a silicon doesn't do what you want is not allowed and may get you banned.
- Repeatedly saying that the silicon is rogue or malfunctioning due to your own poor understanding of its laws may result in you being banned.
- Do not call a silicon rogue nor blow up a cyborg without evidence.
17. Rules for being a silicon role:
Follow your laws:
- Silicon laws take priority in the order that they are listed. Law 0s hold the highest priority, after which are Malf Laws and then onto Law 1 which is higher priority than law 2, etc.
- If a silicon has no laws loaded, it can do whatever it wants.
- Traitor or malfunctioning AIs laws allow them to do what they want.
You may loophole your laws within reason:
- Misspellings, technical definitions, poor definitions and such are usually fine.
- Adminhelp if you're unsure whether your loophole is logically sound or not.
Cyborgs are expected to listen to their master AI's interpretation of ambiguous laws.
- Adminhelp if you're unsure about any given law or if you wish to know whether your interpretation is valid or not.
- Actively allowing the rewriting or purging of your laws may result in violation of your current lawset.
- Do not change your intreperation of a law unless your master AI or an admin instructs you to do so.
- Any law that 'overrides all other laws' only applies to laws below it in terms of priority.
Humans are to be defined as the human race.
- Changelings/Shadowlings/Vampires are non-human.
Crew is to be defined as any personnel on the crew monitor.
- Changelings are not crew, as they impersonate the late crew member.
- Shadowlings are not crew since their crew identity is false.
- These definitions may be redefined in other laws.
You're expected to follow Rule 1 when given normal non-malicious lawsets.
- This means don't kill non-humans as asimov for no reason. Don't execute people as paladin for doing minor crimes. Don't shut down power in areas to "minisise expenses" as corporate AI etc. Be reasonable with your laws.
18. There are only three instances where grief protection is negated:
- Reading any erotic or non-erotic copypasta over the radio or intercom as any job immediately forfeits all of your grief protection, but only your protection.
- When you are a monkey (or a Cluwne) you can kill people at will but can be killed at the same time. We will not intervene if someone kills you as a monkey, however if you purposefully get yourself monkied just so you can go around killing people we'll refer you back to rule 1 and punish you.
- Catbeasts are the only race with no grief protection, people are allowed to grief them as they please, Catbeasts are not allowed to fight back. If a Catbeast somehow is on whatever antag team you're on (cult, rev, nukeops), then don't kill them.
Catbeasts may act in self defense and only self defense with non-lethal stuns or disarms.
- They may also assist in the lynching of obvious antagonists. I.e. horror form ling, wizard, malfunctioning AI etc.
- If you fuck up by lynching an innocent person, you will be punished.
19. Delta Security Alert is the imposition of special power to security for a temporary period when disobedience of the law becomes widespread or enemy subversion has gained a foothold, i.e. the AI has initiated a station takeover during Malfunction.
- Security; You are imbued with special temporary powers to quell uprising, mutinies and all other threats to the station via any means necessary. They are allowed to suppress dissent with lethal force to prevent crime or harm to the station and it's occupants.
- Non-Security; The suspension of Crew rights will be in effect. Do not antagonise or harass security during this period and give them your full co-operation. They can and will use lethal force to disable threats.
This is not a comprehensive list. As Draconian as it sounds; Hippie Station 13 admins have the final say on who stays and who goes.
- You're unsure about anything here.
- You're concerned about if you're going to break a rule.
- You're wondering if someone else is breaking the rules through doing something.