A (((serious please))) discussion about an idea to balance out the game for everyone.

Discussion in 'General' started by TheLoLKing, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:28 AM.

1. OP
    TheLoLKing

TheLoLKing Active Member

BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat
    In order to keep criminal scum off the streets, security NEED to spawn with pulse destroyers in armory, but slightly stronger. AS the best job on hippostaton, i really think its time for coders and admins to respect and honor that. There was 0 bias going into this, but im tired of this grossly needed balance change not getting the LOVE and RESPECT it deserves!

PULSE DESTROYER

STUN mode!
    -Stuns for 30 seconds
    -1000 stamina damage
    -only deals stamina damage

KILL mode!
    -Does 1 brute damage
    -Does 0.5 burn damage

DESTROY mode!
    -Turns into a shotgun
    -Each pellet shoots out invincible rods
    -99% chance that the rod turns into invincible ass upon being fired
    -Self recharging

To balance this out, i propose a second balance change

We need to
    completely rework assistants

NEW ASSISTANTS

Help!
    -Makes them say "Hail Nanotrasen" whenever they hug or help someone up
    -Impossible to hurt others while on help intent

Disarm!
    -Fixes a bug allowing assistants to use disarm intent on others.

Harm!
    -84% reduction in damage

Grab!
    -4% chance to grab your genitals when using this on someone, dealing 300 stamina damage instantly.

With this change, assistants wont be as powerful, and goes well with the previous change i suggested.
    Again, 0 bias going into this, but with these two balance changes i suggest, Hippie Station can be good again

PLEASE GIVE HONEST OPINIONS ABOUT MY SERIOUS BALANCE CHANGES!

2. Reeeeimstupid

Reeeeimstupid New Member

BYOND:
    Reeeeimstupid
  3. OP
    TheLoLKing

TheLoLKing Active Member

BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat
    you didnt even read it
    if you thought about it for more than 10 seconds, you'd realize that its actually a smart change that makes the game more fun for everyone. Come on, stop biting your fingers and realize this is a good balance change

4. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    i'm bsa'ing you as soon as i get on tomorrow just for this thread

MethMedic likes this.
  5. OP
    TheLoLKing

TheLoLKing Active Member

BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat

I eat homosexuals for breakfast and leave them BLEEDING.

6. MethMedic

MethMedic Well-Known Member Staff Member Trial Administrator

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    Fucking terrible shitpost die

7. 2dollarbill

2dollarbill Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    2Dollarbill
    My suggest for balance is to unnerf things TG has nerfed and re-add certain items on the station (telescience, explosive implants, make the stunbaton recipe it's older one, etc.)

8. JustAnotherPlayerBro

JustAnotherPlayerBro Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    JustAnotherPlayerBro
    Honest opinions deserve honest answers, plus I'm bored so fuck it.

They already do stamina damage, and if it was set to 1000 it would leave them stunned for 10 seconds, not 30.

Hmm. Don't see how this would help sec kill criminal scum. I'll assume you meant the decimal points to be five spots to the right.

You and your shotguns. Also it's immovable rods, invincible rods are nothing so nothing would be shot out, nor are there invincible asses. Also is it only self recharging if it's in DESTROY mode? Seems awfully inconvenient supposing nothing gets actually shot out, meaning you would have to switch modes and put it away. Seems more convenient than finding a charger, but at this point it's just an over-glorified taser.

See now TG coders decided to remove NTSL scripting which would've made this unneeded. RIP codebase.

Is this only for spawned in assistants? Or for anyone who gets their job changed? I've seen plenty of people greytiding after getting their access removed or just in general, so would they also be affected? If not, then people could easily change jobs to assistants and break the system. If it's like a clown, then there should be anti-disarm-assistant syringes that come with the job.

Is that with every weapon they use in harm intent or with fists? If it's fists, well that does only like 5 damage or something, so you're proposing it be reduced to 0.8 brute damage, which returns me to the Disarm issue. Also fists can still have that chance of knocking you down, which by then you are fucked, because it's like getting hit with stun baton, a.k.a. freakishly long stun. If it's with weapons, again they can still knock you down with lucky blows and cable cuff. Should make it impossible for anyone to cuff at all if not security because RP.

Grabbing has only ever worked on the ass and neck, so this is a pretty huge thing. However, is this a function that only works for assistants on themselves, or can anyone do it to others if they so please? I can already see full blown playerbase riots screaming for the freedom to grab each others balls. Also, I don't agree with genital grabbing doing any stamina damage, as in the past with certain pop stars we've seen it actually enhance your stamina and give you a great singing voice. The negative percent chance also sort of makes this entirely new function become pointless, which means you're making our coders suffer to code something that isn't even possible. EXCEPT this means someone could TC trade their way to change this number into 100% chance, and what would follow is a horrificly kinky round full of rape and death. We need this now.

Overall I like your ideas solid 9 out of eleven, let's get Arclumin and Kokojo coding this right away. Maybe scooter too.

9. OP
    TheLoLKing

TheLoLKing Active Member

BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat
    No u

10. GarlicBread

GarlicBread Active Member

BYOND:
    GarlicBread
    i am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

11. Reeeeimstupid

Reeeeimstupid New Member

BYOND:
    Reeeeimstupid
  12. OP
    TheLoLKing

TheLoLKing Active Member

BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat
    ReeeEeeeE