Buyable Merc/meme teams V2.0!!!

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Rui55best, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Your feelings towards this?

1. Yes lad, let's fucking add this baby in!

83.3%
  2. I could hardly give a shit about this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gods no, this is worse than amari nuking Gangs.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm gay.

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Rui55best

Rui55best Active Member

BYOND:
    Rui55best
    Since the suggestions are actually being accepted/denied instead of being left to rot, i figured now's a good chance to revive my suggestion! Link to the old suggestion

Short summary of the idea: You can hire meme squad for banter, or combat teams to deal with massive threats such as m-boners
    Possible implementation[Optional unless asked by staff]:Look below
    Comments:Look below,
    definitely didn't forget about this Format or anything!
    Useful material(code snippets, icons, soundfiles):

Ok so how will this work?
    - The comms console will be given a new option that'll allow the option to purchase teams based off the percentage of crewmen still alive.

- As explained last time this should function similar to how we're able to purchase different shuttles.
    Once purchased, ghosts will be granted the chance to be able to join in as a part of the team.

- in order to prevent the possibility of wasting 50000 bucks on one dude & to prevent another situation where you have 100 deafboys milling around, there should be a minimum and max limit on how many can spawn in.

-The reason why certain teams will be gated off unless X percent of crew die is to attempt to punish murder-boners going around turning everyone into salty ghosts, thus unless people start dying, only the meme teams will be available for purchase.

-Their loyalty should be towards the one who purchases them, they should strive to follow the orders given to them by the one who brought them, of course exceptions will be made based on the gimmick of the squad, Good luck getting sentient corgis to try & follow your orders!! thus, similar to how the announcement tells us who purchased a certain shuttle design this should also apply to whenever a team gets purchased. EDIT - Due to the posibility of murderboners buying em for their own use, i've made a tiny add-on suggestion a little bit down in order to try and address it, may be better to have the team loyal to the station instead.
    Here's an example of how a team should look like on the comms console

Deaf Squad - 4500 - 75% - 2 - 5 -
    Former members of the elite death squad division. While these folks are still able to carry out simple orders, it's clear that they've unfortunately become senile, expect to be hearing a lot about their bingo adventures and how back in their days....

______________________________________________________________________________________

Possible issues with these:

X TEAM IS OP/UNDERPOWERED! -
    A solution to this should be simple, just simply increase the price of the team or reduce the maximum limit on em.

I CAN'T BUY SHIT CAUSE EVERYONE WITH ACCESS TO THE CONSOLE IS FUCKING DEAD! - There's two possible solutions with their ups & downs: one would be to allow the AI to purchase them as they tend to be spared when the entire crew's being killed, but of course laws such as Asimov will prevent them from purchasing combat orientated squads.

- The second solution is to perhaps let the crew fire a distress signal from the comms console, this shouldn't require the crew to log in & should only be an unlocked option once like 50% of the crew is dead. The distress signal will spawn in a random ass team to the station but it definetly should have a chance to spawn in an 'Antag friendly' team such as perhaps a mindslaved gorilla guerilla force or some shit.

THE FUCKING MEME TEAM'S METAGRUDGING MY ASS - just like how lads who roll ERT will definitely meta grudge whoever killed em, i reckon the same issue will apply to the teams, not entirely sure how to prevent this issue.

I CAN'T AFFORD SHIT - then start forcing the cargonians to actually do their job, giving them shit to sell such as research disks/mats/veggies will help a lot.

THEY KEEP BUYING THE SAME FUCKING TEAM EACH ROUND! -
    kudos to Vexingraven for this suggestion, to prevent it from getting stale, we could add a random chance that the wrong team gets sent over instead, similar to how cargonian crates can sometimes have the order wrong.
    Alright that's all for now, just like last time, feel free to post your ideas for teams below, preferably they should have both an upside and downside, but hey go wild, here's the template for em below. i'll post some of my old ideas in a comment below this.

Name - Cost - Percentage of crew still alive - Min and max limit - description.

inb4 minimum 100 years baybeeeee!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. OP
    Rui55best

Rui55best Active Member

BYOND:
    Rui55best
    Merc/Meme teams - Just a little example of how they could look inside the console

Ian's Furry Paradise - 90% - 800 - 1-6 - "Alright, we'll keep this short and simple, one of our researchers royally screwed up whilst messing with Ian's DNA, consequently causing our animal research station to be overpopulated with sentient pets, we'd be thankful if you take some of the talkative gits off our hands."

The Ballad of The Honks & Baguettes - 80% - 2 - 6 - 2500 - Former residents of the now destroyed, Honkume Planet IV, whilst they may not be the most useful workers, these entertainers are cheap & effective, that being said, asides from being unwilling to change their uniform no matter the situation, i'd HIGHLYsuggest keeping them away from their rival.(The original station clown & mime will be exempt from the new guy's hatred towards one another)

Rebel's Finest Space Guards -70% - 2 - 5 - 3500 - Your simple rent-a-cop armed with only police baton and zip tie, trained by Young himself they'll make for decent substitutes for missing officers, but please keep in mind that despite hiring them, large quantites of cash may sway a guard's loyalty

501'st Ash Legionaires - 60% - 3 - 6 - 5000 - An Ashwalker tribe that has finally discovered a way into space will often use their fearsome combat experience to pay their way for a brighter future, Cladded in shiny new armor and Gladius & Shield, whilst still unable to use advanced weaponry these lizards will hunt down any enemies you may have.

Rangers of the Owl Lords - 50% - 2 - 4 - 6000 - Armed with their signature owl hard-suit and code of honor, these elite independents bailiffs shall make sure that no criminal escapes the wrath of justice. It's worth noting that these individuals ruthlessly refuse to take another life for it goes against the Ranger's code that all evil doers can be reformed, slaughtering criminals may find you having a new foe.

Spider Clan's Operative - 40% - 1 - 7000 - "So you wish to hire one of our shinobi? Heh very well, transfer us the cash and we'll make sure your problem's eliminated, oh and please don't worry, we DEFINETLY don't have any other objectives of course Ahahahaha!

Contact The Wizard Federation - 30% - 1-3 - 10,000 - "With enough money even the wizards can be pur- WAIT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU'RE DOING?!! There will be consequences for associating yourselves with the enemy" Get the troopers ready Lieutenant.

Unleash The Beast - 15% - 1 - 12,000 - "Heehee , Professor Arc here, don't worry guys! We got THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION for your burning wreckage, Unleash the Legendary beast!!"

The Admiral's Fist - 5% - 1-15 - 3000 - "Listen up turbonerd, Stay out of our station."

3. AdeptMechanicus

AdeptMechanicus Active Member

BYOND:
    AdeptMechanicus
    we need this

4. Roma

Roma Active Member

BYOND:
    RomaTheBest
    Yus

5. EagleEyes

EagleEyes Active Member

BYOND:
    EagleEyes1
    So one question. You said the meme team will listen to whoever purchased them (if possible) so if an antag purchased the team, can they just make them help said antag kill the rest of the crew, or will calling said meme team only help the crew and take out the threat to the station.

6. OP
    Rui55best

Rui55best Active Member

BYOND:
    Rui55best
    Yep you're right eagle, if the antags manage to purchase the team then they're allowed to order them to assist in killing the crew, although the team's gimmick should be prioritized over the order. Lads such as the rangers would be disgusted by the thought of helping criminals
    This was intended to give antags some more options should they manage to be able to gain access to the comms (and actually have the funds to purchase em).

Although now that you brought it up, i can definitely see an issue with the potential for murderboners to worsen the problem by hiring ass liggers to assist with the murderboners. In an ideal situation, the AI or someone with access should be able to reach the bridge to hire a team before a bonerboy manages to purchase em instead.

Should this end up being a constant issue i've thought of something up just in case, as after all, i'd imagine these teams probably wouldn't want to piss off nanotrasen considering they're supposed to be a major corporation in space. Would kinda be like leading a gang against a country, probably wouldn't end well.

Instead of serving the individual they could be serving the station instead
    , however i do kinda like the idea of a traitor managing to hire a few goons to his/her bidding thus!

Introducing a new shiny lil tator item!
    'Pirated comms console' 19 tc - DIY computer that once placed somewhere safe and given ten minutes to boot up!, allows the purchase of 'antag friendly' teams to serve the individual who purchases them! You just simply need to insert enough space bucks to afford the team of your dreams! An announcement will not be made

I reckon this could make for a good middle ground, as while this could potentially grant a traitor a few of agents on board to command, they first have to somehow acquire the cash needed to use the darn thing, whilst also being forced to give up powerful equipment such as a duel e-sword. Although naturally, the crew may also use it for themselves should they capture the computer while you're off acquiring funds.

Here's a couple of teams as an example that you may be able to purchase through the pirated comms console
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Syndicate Sympathizers - 6500 - 1-3 - "Strange fellas they are, blood brothers they called themselves, wanting to prove themselves to us, how adorable. They'll make for decent agents despite being assitants, although be warned, Should they be discovered and forcibly converted via nanotrasen's disgusting implants, you can be sure as day that these agents will rat you out, treat them with caution agent"

El Gringo's Gorilla Guerillas! - 12500 - 1-5 - "HOLA AMIGO! YOU WANT BIG BOYS I GIVE YOU BIG BOYS!!, GRINGO'S BOYS ARE THE STRONGEST BASTARDO'S AROUND, THEY STUPID YES AND ONLY SPEAK OOK!! OOK!! BUT THEY KNOW ORDERS YES AND ORDER THEY DO BUENOOO!!!

Appreciate the question fam, could always use more perspectives to see if i missed any issues these may have here.

7. McBawbaggings

McBawbaggings Well-Known Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    McBawbaggings
    Weird idea, with some self antagging issues such as buying spider clan who have their own objectives and spawning a fuggen wizard. This feature will also be (ab)used to fuck and back so consider making the occasion special (i.e. a special mercenary hiring event that appears 40 minutes into the round.)

While the teams can bring back more people from the dead, there is the chance that an antag gets it an tells them to murderbone/recall shuttles and basically the remaining crew have absolutely no hope.

Also, what is to say the captain pays a wizard to help out and the wizard is loyal to the crew? What happens then about validity since someone who is a wizard but bound to the station shouldn't be valid despite looking and casting spells like one.

8. OP
    Rui55best

Rui55best Active Member

BYOND:
    Rui55best
    1 Reckon we could easily stop it being abused by raising the prices of some the teams higher as needed, personally i currently find it pretty rare to see the crew actively making money.

Preferably, i'd like to see it so that unless there is a murderboner like school or mclaime actively killing everyone, (thus dropping the percentage of live crew) then the teams who can actually fight shouldn't be available (Always find it painfully dull to slog through murderboning rounds) otherwise the teams should only allow lads who are definetly not fit for combat e.g crippled old dudes, corgis, teams with gimmicks specifically aimed to not interfere,etc,etc.

2 Yee, i'll admit, i didn't think about the possibility of murderboners using it to make the murderboning even worser, i've made a mini add-on suggestion above to potentially fix that.

3. When it comes to 'normally antags' being purchased, i can definitely see the issue of an unaware joe thinking that the schmuck's valid salid, the announcement made after purchasing the team should hopefully make it clear they're on your side, although we could allow the wiznerd to defend themselves from valid-hunters after they reach the point where hunter is flat out told wizzy's hired.

As for the teams you've mentioned, my general philosophy for the combat orientated teams, is that they should have both an upside and downside to keep em unique compared to one another, with the more extreme teams such as a Space ninja being nearly impossible to actually be able to hire due to costs and the amount of crew needed to die first. For the objectives the space ninja gets, i'd like it so that their order is prioritised over their objectives, teams such as these should definitely be told they're not allowed to kill a bunch of lads for no reason unless ordered to do so, but heck, since guys like ninjas stand a good chance against kitted boners, they should definetly have some small objectives to complete to make up for potentially eliminating the m-boner.

- Wizard, ok i'll admit it, this one's a taaaaaad tooo gamechanging, as despite the massive costs & the need for someone with access to still be alive and able to reach a console, it will pretty much bone roundstart antags with those 3 wizards despite the downside of the wiznerds being that a squad of ert will be spawned later to deal with the wizards and those actively defending em.

Should the teams be constantly abused every round with like one dude constantly rushing money so he can afford x team, having the teams be an unlockable option for a limited time after a random event would definitely be a great way to reduce this, although preferably, as previously stated, the sheer cost in both crew and money should hopefully deter this.

9. LxToofonea

LxToofonea Member

BYOND:
    LxToofonea
    Emergency response team - 50% - 2-5 - 2500 - "a decently armed force of trained NT operatives coming to your rescue."

Death Squad - 10% - 2-5 - 10,000 or 100,000 - "an extremely armed force of highly trained NT operatives coming to kill everything that moves, i'm sure they will get the traitor too."

here is another suggestion, traitors can order teams with an emaged console or your idea of the 19TK comms console

Nuclear opritive team - 100% - 2-5 - 10,000 - "I thought we sent you to do this job, guess we can come and help for that much money"

d̶̞̉͛̔̅̂̚ḛ̵̱̟͚̜̞̾̈́͑̆ą̵̜̗̦̇̏͋͒͛̊t̵͔̙͔͔͍̀̓̋̒̀h̸̜͎̭̏͛ ̸̨̨̢̙̥̦̬̭̱͎͖̈́̈̅̑̓̀̈͛͠s̶̠̹̈̏̈́̐͗̾̉͆͛͒q̴̡̱͈͑͗͐u̸̧͍̘̼͉̖̮͕̿ǎ̶͎̔̄̀̋̿͛͝͝d̸̢̛͈̦̘̂̌͂́͒͋́̊͋͜͠ - 100%- 2-5- 1,000,000 - "send a false report to NT"

ExpensiveAntique likes this.
  10. ExpensiveAntique

ExpensiveAntique Member

BYOND:
    ExpensiveAntique
    How about emagging a communications console also allows you to send a message to the Wizard Federation, The Spider Clan, The Syndicate, etc.

These messages will be recieved by the admins and they can respond accordingly to spice up the round

An example: a traitor emags the comm console, and sends a message to the Wizard Federation stating “LOL COME FIGHT ME IRL FAGGOTS WE’LL FUCKEN REK U”

The Wizards then retaliate by slamming the station with a giant ass fireball

Rui55best and LxToofonea like this.
  11. AdeptMechanicus

AdeptMechanicus Active Member

BYOND:
    AdeptMechanicus
    station sized fireball in space which must be mined fully before it suddenly accelerates and explodes three quarters of the station when?

LxToofonea likes this.
  12. Xenon

Xenon Member

BYOND:
    DaydreamPuppeh
    The "Spider Clan" - 4000 - 80% - 1 - 6 - "A bunch of weebs who believe that they are Ninjas from The Spider Clan. They are equipped with toy katanas and will constantly talk about honor and how Space Japan is the greatest country in the universe."

Rui55best and ExpensiveAntique like this.
  13. ExpensiveAntique

ExpensiveAntique Member

BYOND:
    ExpensiveAntique
    Golem Squad - 3000 - 90% - 1-4 - A group of wandering Free Golems who are willing to come to aid, or not, they just kinda do whatever.

14. Anajamois

Anajamois Member

BYOND:
    Anajamois
    Love this idea.

15. Carbonhell

Carbonhell Head Admin Head Admin

BYOND:
    CarbonHell
    I need to review this better but at a first glance it seems a fun idea to also bring back ghosts, just a few notes:
    1) instead of a shuttle command, perhaps use the keycard auth device,so you need atleast 2 heads to authorize this
    2) raise all prices a lot, so that it doesn't happen every round

16. Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
  17. Roma

Roma Active Member

BYOND:
    RomaTheBest
    Carbon, tg cucked technology prices, you no longer get money for techdisks, so getting a lot of money is ass now.
    Maybe make it so that at start of each round, like 3 merc options are available, dont increase prices much. This way it will limit people from buying same one/two mercs every round (like they do with shuttles).

ExpensiveAntique likes this.
  18. Carbonhell

Carbonhell Head Admin Head Admin

BYOND:
    CarbonHell
    I would accept this idea straight away,my only fear is balance. I think those teams may end up becoming too cheap when new methods to earn cash will be implemented. If anyone with a good knowledge of cargo could review the prices, it'd be appreciated.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 19, 2018 at 5:34 AM, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2018 at 5:07 AM ---
    Accepted, needs careful discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.