Dindustuffin - complaint by Maxwell the Third

Discussion in 'Accepted Complaints' started by Maxwell the Third, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    Who are you reporting? Dindustuffin

Your BYOND Key: Fearthezp

Do you want community input? Yes

What did they do?
    boinked me for harmbatonning Jordyn Prescott on paladin lawset after he screamed that i was rogue over comms repeatedly WHICH HE DOES EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ROUND WHENEVER SOMEONE BUMPS INTO HIM

Do you have any supporting logs?
    Admin PM from-DinduStuffin: Did you harmbaton him?
    PM to-Admins: once as a way to tell him to basically fuck off. on paladin i could basically kill this guy for screaming taht i'm rogue over comms
    Admin PM from-DinduStuffin: I don't see how that works, your laws don't give you any reason to execute people for tarnishing your reputation.
    PM to-Admins: my reputation wasnt ont he line my beautiful borg wbody was since its so easily blown. you know this guy does this every time right? screams over comms that someones rogue and then ahelps when he gets punished for it. maroon can back me up on this guy. tell him to stop screaming shit that will get me killed over comms and maybe he wouldnt have such a bad time
    Admin PM from-DinduStuffin: Yeah, don't harm baton people for that kind of thing. You can't kill him just for calling you rogue, either.
    PM to-Admins: 5. Punish those who harm or threaten innocents.
    Admin PM from-DinduStuffin: Correct, that's not a justification to execute or harmbaton him.
    Admin PM from-DinduStuffin: Calling you rogue isn't harming or threatening anyone.
    Admin PM from-DinduStuffin: Calling you rogue isn't harming or threatening anyone.

Did you read the rules? Yes

Your comments?
    dindu is clinically fucking retarded if he thinks that calling a borg rogue over comms isnt justification for me to harmbaton this griefer faggot

literally the only reason i didn't argue it further was because he'd end up banning me from silicons because WE ALL KNOW WHAT ARGUING WITH DINDU GETS YOU. also a quick reminder for me to stop playing on rounds where dindu is adminning, thanks for reminding me. everything is absolutely fine as long as you agree with whatever says, and play exactly as he would dictate. why is this fuck an admin?

this is also a prime reason why these shitters should get brain damage for saying rogue over comms

oh, and jordyn? mlgboi. big surprise.

2. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    I only sent you a PM like, twice, asking what the deal with the guy was. No punishment was handed out beyond me telling you not to harmbaton over something as minimal as being called rogue.

Come on, is this seriously necessary?

3. DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
  4. Arzion

Arzion Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Arzion
    Calling someone rogue will get you punished, but your laws have contradicted the course of action that you have undertaken. Harmbatoning is an unnecessarily evil act for paladins. Certain things are overrided by your laws. For example, if you have a law that tells you to not kill cats, you'll be forced to not kill cats, despite their inherent valid status. I am the one who has recommended the verdict to be a warning only, because you did not murder him, which I appreciate because it shows restraint. Not enough to avoid the situation altogether, but any sort of restraint is still restraint, whose beneficial effects must be encouraged. The immediate next issue that I will talk about is a long stretch, but I am personally willing to overlook the fact that you've admitted to borderline-metagaming in this very complaint with the phrase "over comms repeatedly WHICH HE DOES EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ROUND WHENEVER SOMEONE BUMPS INTO HIM ".

The main issue was the harmbatoning. As a Paladin security robot, instead of simply arresting him, you have harmed him in revenge, which is an evil act at worst and a neutral act at the very best. I personally wish for these kinds of incidents to not happen in the server as a whole, as robots are a very delicate job that very few can properly play. If you have anything to ask about silicon laws or how silicons should act in certain situations, do not be afraid to ask the admins, or personally contact me with anything you want to ask regarding silicons.

I will give a -1 to this complaint, because I have participated in the course of actions that have led to the culmination of the situation.

5. DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    The off topic post was deleted. The complaint is about the ruling, if you want to talk about past or other rulings, make a complaint for that.

6. DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Community input does not include off-topic input.

7. Tomorrow1918

Tomorrow1918 Well-Known Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    Tomorrow1918
    This complaint is retarded. He bwoinked you. It's not like he banned you or something

8. Swagile

Swagile Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Swagile
    none of flux's posts are offtopic, as they pertain to fear's original complaint that he feels debating with dindu in ahelps about the situation would go nowhere

the picture by flux demonstrates that, and should not be deleted

off topic is if he just said "lol haha this complaint is shit XDDD", not if he actually tries to input

this looks suspiciously like your trying to silence flux

9. fluxcapacitor1337

fluxcapacitor1337 Active Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    Fluxcapacitor1337
    so much for Do you want community input? Yes

my comments keep getting deleted from this thread when I was showing another ahelp from dindu IN an admin complaint about ahelps from dindu - how is that not relevant or off-topic? we are trying to establish a pattern

10. Tomorrow1918

BYOND:
    Tomorrow1918
    We are currently discussing if the posts were on topic in admin chat

11. Bartels

Bartels Active Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    Bartels
    My post was deleted too even though it was perfectly on topic. But I'll rephrase it if it's not PC enough for new hippie:

Maxwell, you're like 35 right? An admin questioning you is perfectly fine, it doesn't affect you in any way if you weren't in the wrong. I don't get why you keep making whiny complaints every time someone does something that's not EXACTLY what you want.

12. 2dollarbill

2dollarbill Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    2Dollarbill
    Admin bwoinks is for questioning, that's it. Bwoinks do not signify we find you guilty.

13. OP
    Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    this entire thread can be deleted, i've decided that dindu was just doing his job, and i'm instead going to write up a ban request for jordyn/mlgboi

14. Jambread

Jambread Host Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    Jambread
  15. Tomorrow1918

BYOND:
    Tomorrow1918
    This was moved to accepted, is that on purpose or....?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.