DinduStuffin - Third Admin Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by DinduStuffin, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Well-Known Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Byond Key: DinduStuffin
    Byond Account Age: like 3 nigga i don't know
    Nationality and Timezone: Central, USA
    Languages Spoken: English
    What brought you to Hippie?: The chaos and uniqueness of the rounds and community
    How long have you been playing on Hippie?: Three, maybe four years?
    Reasons for seeking admin: Done it before, minus my second time, don't think I was that bad, server apparently really needs more admins.
    Previous admin experience: Two times on the server
    Previous SS13 related admin applications: on a now dead server
    Other things you want to tell us about: Spank and I have made up, I'm not gonna get into dumb shitfights with anyone anymore.
    (Optional) Montage video showing your in-game robustness: no

2. Bard

Bard Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    BardOfRage
    Trialing

3. OP
    DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    hell yeah mother fu*ker (sorry my mom doens't want me to cuss)

4. spankmaster

spankmaster Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Spankmaster
  5. OP
    DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    I guess I'll release an official statement regarding the last time I was an administrator due to some concerns.

Yes, I know for a fact I was overzealous, I followed things based on my perceptions of players, not the actual spirit of the rules, or the nature of hippie itself. I'm not going to blame anyone for immediately putting me on the text after having been an admin the first time, because what happened the previous time I was admin was entirely my fault. I focused too much on personal drama and shitflinging from Spank to the point my judgement and reasoning were blinded by personal bias, and petty drama, not by actual concern for administrative policy, or even the server, or even the playerbase, but pretty much attempting to sideline all of the rules because of a person I was "concerned" was solely there to shit things up, just because I kept biting the bait every time.

This won't happen again. I've apologized to Spank personally for how horribly I've treated him with no justification, and would like to make sure I have an admin trialing personally so that this doesn't happen again. I enjoy adminstrating for the server, and would like to ensure that this goes more like my first time, where I keep the nature of the rules in mind, not my biased interpretations of them, and to ensure we don't have another tyrannical shitfest from me again.

I am sorry to those who were a victim of this, and the people involved. I apologize as well for making this more melodramatic than it needs to be, but I feel an official statement explaining my behavior and how I intend to prevent it from happening again would help quell some of the concerns that people may have. I have the best interests of the server in mind and want to ensure that.

So yeah. With that said, I'd like to put my shit behavior behind me and move on from it. I hope the people who may still be angry about it can do the same. I have no ill will towards anyone here for any reason.

6. Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    https://hippiestation.com/threads/dindustuffin-complaint-by-spankmaster.5397/
    >Dindu has been admin for like 2 days and is immediately kicking up a bunch of shit and mud everywhere. He has a history of going after people based on his personal feelings towards them and his ban reasons/length are all out of whack. He needs to be reprimanded and all bans he has placed in the last 48 hours should be lifted as reparations to those affected by his poor judgment.

https://hippiestation.com/threads/dindustuffin-complaint-by-dindins420.4285/
    >what did they do?: Jobbanned me for listening to Head of Security. Was really rude and condescending during our conversation.

these are just two examples that I could assed to find, i'm assuming theres a shit ton more in ban appeals that he was involved in.
    he has a history of being incredibly hostile in not only boinks, but occ and especially the forums in general.

i tried to be nice to you when i saw you were back dindu, but you came back with the same shitty attitude you had 6 months ago. you have a certain way of playing this game, as i've watched you discuss in discord and witnessed for myself by observing in game, that involves arresting implanted heads and other crew members for shit like trying to arm up from the armory during a GANG OR REV round, and you bring this autistic way of thinking into adminning, holding all the players accountable for how YOU think they should be playing the game.

and before you whine, oh maxwell just holds grudges blah blah, i honestly tried giving you a chance, and i even gave assuck a +1 on his admin app, because i think he might actually be decent at adminning.
    i can promise i won't be playing when i see this guy adminning, and i'm almost positive he will prove very quickly why he was already deadminned twice.

but, who knows, maybe anotehr 6 months is some time to calm the fuck down

EDIT: wew after reading your last post i have higher hopes. good luck man

7. OP
    DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Actually in light of putting this shit behind us finally I'm going to reply to this post.

>first link
    Addressed in my post. Moving on.

>second link
    Yes, it was a shitty ban, limited information is part of the spirit of SS13. The whole point is limited information breeding paranoia. You never know who's gonna be a traitor, or a changeling, or a cultist, or so on and so forth until you get confirmed shit. There's actions that you can execute for, etc etc. The situation wasn't handled well, I'll admit. Again, this is specifically why I requested Bard trial me so there's no repeat of this.

>first paragraph
    You could make this argument about captains that give the AIs lawsets that give themselves full authority (themselves referring to captain) or something. In the head positions, I prioritize fun in the round. You know what happened when I demoted Lisa Green for promoting herself to captain just to raid armory and take HOS's shit? Security and I fucking organized, we did busts and raids, and worked together as a team. It was the most fun I've probably had in a round this year. The gang in virology was getting super fucking buffed with healing so rapid their sprite was made entirely of red and orange crosses. It was like some, dare I say it, Dio Brando shit where he just keeps constantly regenerating. They were really fun antagonists to fight against, and watching Security try their hardest to defeat their dominator was really nice, only for the gang in the SMES room to throw a huge curveball into everyone's plans and plan a dominator themselves. That entire round was a blast and incredibly memorable. So, like I said, I prioritize fun rounds in that people get to actually research shit, do gimmicks, and get stuff more than "GOTTA HAVE MY VALIDS LOL."

How does this factor into my administration style and attitude?

It doesn't.

This literally will not sway my judgment as an admin, only my judgment in game as a head in any position of authority above a powergamer.

>second paragraph
    Maxwell I'm completely open to throwing this hatchet in the dirt where it belongs and even I can say you have a huge problem with grudges. You really need to learn to let shit go man. I know you're showing a more positive tone towards this application, and I like seeing that, but good grief dude, you treat people like they're fucking inhuman over arguments in a dumb video game. You make threads celebrating a guy's ban and all they get are replies calling you obsessive or not caring about the thread. You make constant ban requests and complaints over the same person because of minor altercations in game, or, and this is more often, fights on the forums. If you want to complain about anyone else's aggressive behavior and attitude, take a look at yourself before pointing fingers. Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and so on.

Let's move on and put this behind us. This fight's been going on too damn long for no justified reason.

8. OP
    DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Oh and for context, uh, I was never deadminned lol, just taken off the text the second time, but not deadminned.

9. spankmaster

spankmaster Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Spankmaster
    Re-reading that complaint I made, I feel that I was vindicated in full.

10. OP
    DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    We were both vindicative towards each other. The whole thing was me making absurd judgments against you based on your political views, and trying to justify them with your actions in game. I'll certainly admit I wasn't the patron saint I pretended to be, but I don't think you were either. The whole thing was just shitflinging from both sides, which is why when I came back in discord I apologized to you.

As much as a kissass as this is gonna sound, we actually have a lot more in common than I thought and I find you really fun to talk with, even when I disagree with your politics.

I still expected you to be black to be honest though.

Also the shitposting in the appeals/complaints was funny as fuck tbh.

11. Looping Lupperson

Looping Lupperson Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    Australian
    yeah you made some pretty terrible bans and by all means i was going to deadmin you if i found one more of them pop up
    not sure about you being trialminned with shit like that cyborg ban spank complained about

12. Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    >bans me from the forum for a week because i told him to fuck off
    >job bans me from AI because he doesnt like how i'm interpreting my laws

yeah nope. he's still nothing but a power hungering shit.

13. BroomHill

BroomHill Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    BroomHill
    I've spoken out against you as an admin in the past but I mean maybe you can prove me wrong this time, interested to see how you do as Trial.

14. Carbonhell

Carbonhell Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    CarbonHell
    Is doing good, maybe some bans are a bit harsh, like that guy who opened a plasma tank to "suicide" in the canister holding zone and had no notes, imo a warning was fine
    After all, you deserve a +1

15. Tortellini Tony

Tortellini Tony Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    Tortellini Tony
    He's been doing a good job so far.

16. Doobiedoo23

Doobiedoo23 Head Admin Head Admin

BYOND:
    Doobiedoo23
    One of the most active admins right now.

17. maxmillianmaster

maxmillianmaster Member

BYOND:
    Maxmillianmaster
    i thought u were 15

18. OP
    DinduStuffin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    I did too

19. maxmillianmaster