[iamgoofball] mclolington | Banned from Server

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by McLolington, Jul 4, 2017.

1. iamgoofball

iamgoofball New Member Trial Administrator

BYOND:
    Iamgoofball
    According to the speech and attack logs, the two had had no interaction previously in the round. This also doesn't really change anything, because if he initially started the entire issue(be it in this gunfight or the SUPPOSED prior conflicts), then he's still in the wrong. If you punch someone in the face and they try to punch you and miss, walk away for a few hours, come back and punch them in the face again, and they beat the shit out of you, you've got only yourself to blame.

2. OP
    McLolington

McLolington Member

BYOND:
    McLolington
    This is precisely what I have been trying to say, but goof doesn't care about anyone else's perspective. He is stubborn because he has fallen into a pitfal he has dug himself: he is too deep into it to get out easily, and the only way for him to escape is to admit he was wrong, which his ego prevents him from doing. This is a man of cycles, who is perpetually trapped by mental situations of his own design. This is a man who has created a Hell for himself.

3. iamgoofball

BYOND:
    Iamgoofball
    Regardless of all this, mclolington HIMSELF still has not been able to provide any evidence or contradicting statements with solid proof backing them in regards to the ban reason at hand

The only attempts he HIMSELF has made at defense with any form of substance(albeit very little) is listed below:

Are you really trying to pull the "ITS JUST A PRANK BRO" defense?

And that's it.

He also tried to ride on Asskek's post, showing no personal backbone or willingness to debate the issue. He didn't even try to argue BYOND what scraps Asskek threw him, immediately returning to shitposting.

Like a pussy.

4. Bartels

Bartels Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Bartels
    Given his history of ban baiting and his shitty attitude I'd say a 3-5 day ban would be justified. Perma is too much though.

5. OP
    McLolington

McLolington Member

BYOND:
    McLolington
  6. iamgoofball

BYOND:
    Iamgoofball
    At the suggestion of everyone else in the thread, we've lowered the ban to a 5 day.

However, quite frankly, I'll be more than happy to up it to a permaban again if you keep a shitty record.

Clean up your act, and know that ALL actions you do in regards to talking to admins will be logged.

7. OP
    McLolington

McLolington Member

BYOND:
    McLolington
    Go back to Yog.

8. iamgoofball

BYOND:
    Iamgoofball
    So how does this prove anything stated in the thread wrong? Because I will up your ban if you show that you haven't learned a damn thing from this thread. We will not hesitate to treat you harshly next time you fuck up. We will be watching you.

9. Jambread

Jambread Host Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    Jambread
    I've asked goofball to add the permanent ban back for now, If McLolington is unable to admit that he fucked up and refuses to do anything but lash out at admins then he probably shouldn't be kept around. I wanna see more discussion on this tho.

2dollarbill and BlueScope like this.
  10. GarlicBread

GarlicBread Active Member

BYOND:
    GarlicBread
    If he can't fess up why should he be beck tho

EDIT: Eh I mean it shouldn't be permanent but he's being a massive cunt for little to no rasins

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Jambread likes this.
  11. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Active Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    Permabans when repeated shitty behavior is involved don't seem to bad in general, even if they aren't meant to stick, because it forces the player bring their case to the forums where they can be better evaluated. In this case a permaban was handed out for a relatively minor offense, it was disputed on the forums, and enough information was gathered in the appeal that a more informed decision could be made than if goof had simply given him a dayban and ended it there.

12. iamgoofball

BYOND:
    Iamgoofball
    I think he's shown with this thread that he gives zero fucks about actually redeeming himself.

13. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Active Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    Wouldn't have figured that out if he didn't have to come onto the forums and display this behavior.

14. GuyonBroadway

GuyonBroadway Active Member Mentor

BYOND:
    GuyonBroadway
    If it helps at this point, this is the guy who will ask for something vauge in mhelps and they go off on a tangent when you ask for clarification and ever actually asks a question anyone can answer.

15. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Short and sweet

Lolington is an aggressive mouth breather but he's not deserving a permaban for this. If he wants to be a cunt and detriment to the server, by all means punish him.

He's absurdly uncooperative in ahelps. I had to get him to answer me regarding an investigation with plasma flooding by threatening him with a permaban. Not the kind of attitude I should have to take with someone.

BlueScope likes this.
  16. Dudeinyourbackyard

Dudeinyourbackyard Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    Dudeinyourbackyard
    Albeit the provided images are, as always, amusing, you've not really done anything to help your case as this appeal progressed.

The jump to banbaiting was a bit sudden, and I do agree that for now, a permaban is heavy-handed. In this case, I would suggest lowering it to the previously agreed 5 days.

However, considering your extensive list of notes regarding banbaiting, I have suggested and passed that once you are to get off the ban, you will be on thin ice. Do be aware that thin ice isn't what it used to be, and will be explained to you further if you are to contact an admin if and when your ban is lifted.

The successful appeal of this ban is dependent on what the other headmins believe should be done.

For clarification, Jamie's statement is still in effect.

17. Doobiedoo23

Doobiedoo23 Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    Doobiedoo23
    shouldn't have been a perma

18. iamgoofball

BYOND:
    Iamgoofball
    He hasn't done anything to show he wants to play here.

Why would we let him play here after what he's demonstrated in the thread?

19. Jambread

Jambread Host Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    Jambread
    Gonna go ahead and close this if McLolington doesn't respond soon. I'd be willing to lift the ban on thin ice terms if McLolington is happy to agree to that. It's obvious he doesn't intend to own up to fucking up.

BlueScope likes this.
  20. Kreylawn21

Kreylawn21 Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAA I loved that.

Though I agree with goof over this, you tried to ban bait with a previous note regarding the same intent, and lied about how he killed you for no reason (which is actually the same thing). Anyways this should result in a week or two ban at max.