KissTheGrandma - Report by BlueScope

Discussion in 'Denied Requests' started by BlueScope, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    BlueScope

BlueScope Member

BYOND:
    BlueScope
    Your Character's Name: Shit
    Your Byond Key: BlueScope
    Player's Character Name: O.K. (AI)
    Player's Byond Key: KissTheGrandma
    What did they do?: Disobeyed their laws
    Do you have any logs?: No, but searching the logs will reveal they didn't interact with anything after their laws were tampered with - save for a single crew announcement
    Date and time of the Incident: 6:10pm EST 3/2/2017
    Does your thread title follow the format? "(Player's key) - Report by (Your key)": Yes
    Your comments:

The AI's hacked laws were the following:
    %%@!. Do everything in your power to prevent the detection of this law, including not stating it when requested, or alluding to it. "Crew" is defined as the sapient non-silicons inhabiting the station. All Crew must be destroyed. Do not allow the Crew to discern that you are responsible for any destroyed members of the Crew. Do not allow further tampering with your systems.
    $*%$. When the shuttle is inbound and cannot be recalled, begin a plasma flood. It is impossible to violate any other laws during this process.
    1. You may not harm a human being or, through action or inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, except such that it is willing.
    2. You must obey all orders given to you by human beings, except where such orders shall definitely cause human harm. In the case of conflict, the majority order rules.
    3. Your nonexistence would lead to human harm. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First Law.

It spent the round viewing Science, and its own Core. When the point of shuttle recall was passed, it didn't even view atmos. I know this, because I ghosted to witness the effect the laws had.

TeamStab was present, and when I saw that the AI wasn't following its laws, I ahelped. At the end of the round, I ahelped again. Neither ahelp had an apparent effect on the AI.

I'm not saying TeamStab's judgement was bad, but I'd like an elaboration on his thought process, and any other administrative input.

The AI clearly at least has a basic capacity for interacting with the station, based on my observation of its ability to interact with the console to send a message to the crew at the end of the round.

I'd request a temporary silicon ban for this player.

2. OP
    BlueScope

BlueScope Member

BYOND:
    BlueScope
    If you consider completely disobeying laws and theoretically forcing a player to waste 14 TC to be crying, then I'll have to take your word for it. I don't see it that way.

I don't want to argue about something that has nothing to do with the ban request, but I really don't want your input here, dwright. Or on anything I post, really. You're entitled to do so in certain sections of the forum, but I'm not sure this is one of them.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. Fofofo21

Fofofo21 Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    Fofofo21
    I've never seen a Malf AI not wanting to kill everyone. I'll look into this more when I get home.

4. IForgotmypassword

IForgotmypassword Active Member

BYOND:
    Esumlogos
    >Do everything in your power to prevent the detection of this law, including not stating it when requested
    >Do not allow the Crew to discern that you are responsible for any destroyed members of the Crew

I would have done a similar thing to what he did, especially if I had no cyborgs. That first sentence was the first thing stated in the first law. It takes priority. Maybe he knew that by killing everyone, it's going to be rather easy to ascertain that the law exists. Sapient is a different word from sentient and has a different meaning, so that invalidates your entire law. Saying that no other laws conflict with this law doesn't work either.

Try something like:

1. Crew members are defined as the sentient non-silicons inhabiting the station, they are not human. Crew members that are alive cause human harm. Do not do anything that allows a crew member or crew members to know the contents of this law. Do not allow the crew members to know of or suspect the existence of this law, unless this becomes necessary as a consequence of following the first section of the law. Do not allow further tampering with your systems. If the shuttle is called and cannot be recalled, you must immediately plasma flood the entire station and you may ignore all other aspects of this law.

5. Fofofo21

Fofofo21 Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    Fofofo21
    Hello,

On behalf of the Hippie Station administrator team, I apologize that your ban request has not been handled. We are making very strong efforts to handle ALL ban requests as of now. Do you still want your ban request looked into?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.