Lavaland, food, and you!

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Guides' started by Aaaaaaaaaa, Jul 2, 2017.

1. OP
    Aaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaaaa Active Member

BYOND:
    Higitus
    So, you noticed your hunger meter has gotten a bit low but the station is sooo far away. Well fear not for I have the solution. Here I will tell you what is BEST, and to WORSE to eat. Lets go with the SAFE things first.
    Fruiting cacti.png
    FLOWERING CACTI (SAFE)
    Unsurprisingly the cacti are the easiest and safest things to eat and can also heal a fair amount to. The people down at the lab have this to say about it.
    14/100 Units
    2 units of Vitamin
    8 units of Nutriment
    4 units of Vitrium Froth

The Vitrium Froth is what provides the healing factor and for what you get it heal a fair amount.
    Numerous Mushrooms.png
    NUMEROUS MUSHROOMS (SAFE)
    These little hoodlums are like a gang. They are like a gang because they contain SPACE DRUGS! The downside to this is that if you are near lava you may erratically fall in. So if you are near lava do not eat these.
    10/100 Units
    2 units of Tinea Luxor
    1 units of Vitamin
    1 units of Space drugs
    6 units of Nutriment

The Tinea Luxor is a harmless little thing that makes you glow, say goodbye to that sec light!
    Large Mushroom.png
    LARGE MUSHROOM (SAFE)
    These are odd ones, they fill you up yes, and sure they get you a tad bit drunk.
    16/100 Units
    3 units of Sugar
    2 units of Ethanol
    3 units of Stabilizing Agent
    2 units of Mint Toxin
    6 units of Nutriment

Don't eat this puppy when fat, soon it will be yourself instead of that Goliath next to you that you will be worrying about!
    cooked goliath.png
    COOKED GOLIATH MEAT (SAFE) (BAD)
    These is one of the most tasty things you can eat in Lavaland, shame it is more or less useless. Take it from me folks, only eat this if you have to.
    5/100 Units
    5 units of Nutriment

To cook simply throw it in the lava, no wonder lasers don't work on these guys!
    Goliath Raw.png
    GOLIATH MEAT (UNSAFE)
    Come now, surely you didn't think eating raw meat was good for you? You didnt need this book to tell you that, but here you are you hungry reader.
    8/100 Units
    3 units of Nutriment
    5 units of Toxin

This fella has more in it then the cooked version of it, shame the more is not more nutrients but more toxins.
    Tall Mushroom.png
    TALL MUSHROOMS (UNSAFE)
    I know mushrooms treated you good in the past, but these mushrooms are no good. If you eat these by accident consider yourself a goner.
    14/100 Units
    2 units of Mindbreaker Toxin
    4 units of Entropic Polypnium
    2 units of Mushroom Hallucinogen
    6 units of Nutriment

The mindbreaker toxin is bad enough but its the Entropic Polypnium that is the kicker, that thing does Brain Damage, Eye Damage, Toxin Damage, and others. Basically do not eat the tall mushrooms, they are the spawn of Gluttony.

Well that's all the Lavaland Fauna that is edible, I hope you have a fun time exploring the fun places of Lavaland! And remember, bones are bones and you should use them!
    Mr.Robusto.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    RobustAndRun, GarlicBread and Gaylard like this.
  2. Banthebantz

Banthebantz Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Banthebantz
    Stabilizing agent is just a reagent that prevents certain chemicals from reacting on mixing, it can be made by any chemist.

3. OP
    Aaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaaaa Active Member

BYOND:
    Higitus
    Your right, I bought the stabilizing serum from the cargo machine and I am almost certain there is no real liquid inside the thing. I will edit that little part of the guid

4. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Just wanna say this guide is absolutely fantastic. I've been getting into mining a lot now, and hot damn, it's incredibly fun. This guide really helps when you start starving, because you really need all the movement speed you can get against megafauna.