New stuns system poll

Discussion in 'General' started by GuyonBroadway, Jun 19, 2017.

?

Do you like the changes we have made to stuns?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. Yes but it needs tweaks

20.0%
  3. No

48.0%
  4. No but if it were tweaked

8.0%
  5. Indifferent

4.0%
  1. OP
    GuyonBroadway

GuyonBroadway Member Mentor

BYOND:
    GuyonBroadway
    So we've had some changes made to mostly ranged stuns and they've been on the server for a few days now. People have had a chance to build up their thoughts on the subject and I would very much like to hear them.

It's a work in progress and the idea may just be a bad one at its core, everything is subject to change and we might scrap it altogether if thats what people want.

2. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    Let's be honest here. There are people here who hate the idea of even touching stuns, and they tend to be some of the more vocal community members. In fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of them spend more time bitching about every little change than actually playing the game.

The stun changes do exactly what they needed to. One on one, you're still most likely fucked if someone has a taser. The difference is that you at least have that small fraction of a second to react before you go down, and Officer Joe Chucklefuck can't pin down an entire room of cultists with a couple tasers. There's no reason to dislike these changes, they've worked on goon for years.

3. Roma

Roma Member

BYOND:
    RomaTheBest
    Current stun changes do almost nothing, you still win if you hit first (since it even has small ass stun and item drop). It could be even a buff since disablers got speed buff and tasers were upped in capacity?
    Needs more nerfs to stuns, since winning with 1 hit on such close ranges isnt kosher.
    What faggots are whining about this "nerf"? Their credibility just went out of the window.
    You can still clear the room though, dual wield with taser/disabler mode of your choice. But one on one, you only get to make 1 step before getting hit second time, this change might help you in some circumstances but in most cases, landing a hit first means you win. Since you get a micro stun on target, it drops its items, they cant pick item back up from the ground or out of bag and fire before you fire, they cant escape with 20 stam remaining.

4. Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    new changes are fine. if you need to clear a room, use flashbangs/teargas

5. MethMedic

MethMedic Well-Known Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    Teargas is way too fun to use

6. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    May be worth taking a look at the micro stun. Since the first shot is already slowing you down so much, the microstun just changes it from a guaranteed one shot stun to a guaranteed two shot stun. Disabler capacity could be reduced by about a quarter. Taser projectile speed could be reduced, or the microstun removed. As it is now though, it's a good start. I enjoy it mostly because tasers being one shot insta-GGs for so long made everyone forget that disablers exist, and I've been having a blast using disablers.

7. Jambread

Jambread Host Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    Jambread
    Combat is definitely more interesting now, you have time to react to things.

8. BardOfRage

BardOfRage Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    BardOfRage
    Disabled someone like 7 times while they where cutting me with an axe in an enclosed space, completely useless for self defense.

Bartels likes this.
  9. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    You must have missed them at least five times then, because it only takes three hits to knock someone on their ass with a disabler.

Now if they did drop, and you're complaining that they were still able to get hits in before they collapsed, then:

A) That's the point
    B) There's a delay between stamina being depleted and falling over. Blasting them with more than three beams doesn't make them drop faster.

Edit: Reviewed the situation in discord. I guess this does need looked at. For some reason, disablers aren't working like they used to.

Edit 2: It's because the rebalance was rebalanced later, and disablers got fucked. That'll have to be touched up. I suggest increasing the stamina damage back to its old value, and reducing capacity.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 12:45 AM
  10. TheLoLKing

TheLoLKing Member

BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat

Can confirm, disabler takes like 40 shots to down a person now, make stamina damage 30 again

11. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Member Trial Administrator

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    let's just make disablers fire 5 shots at once instead

Actually no, that would be sort of a neat idea, when are we going to add the ability to overcharge stun weapons with shit like an emag or whatever? If we're going to do new stuns and change stun mechanics, why stop at reworking, and just go all out with it and add new content?

12. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    System is going to need changed anyway. As it is, the reduction in stamina damage means that it takes a retarded amount of hits with the disabler to take down someone wearing the ablative vest, and you can blow the entire charge on your taser before you land the three shots required to drop them with electrodes.

13. Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    yes, imagine that, a piece of armor designed to specifically resist tasers and disablers is good at what it does.

i cant for the fucking life of me figure out where coders get these retarded fucking ideas for "how to fix" things.

holy fuck,

stop

fucking

with

everything

maybe actually go fix things that NEED TO BE FIXED. PORT BACK OLD SHIT FROM HIPPIE. FIX THE FUCKING MAP. WHO THE FUCK CARES IF A DISABLER DOWNS SOMEONE IN 5 or 6 SHOTS. JESUS TIDDLYWINKING FUCKNUGGETS CHRIST.

I CANT

LITERALLY

EVEN

14. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    Maybe we just think it's a bad idea for someone to become the terminator because they walked into the armory and put on a vest.

15. BardOfRage

BardOfRage Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    BardOfRage
    Right now reflective vest is the indisputable best armor in the game, with no competition.

Bartels likes this.
  16. Yobihodazine

Yobihodazine Member

BYOND:
    Yobihodazine
    Tasers don't make people drop items anymore

17. Yobihodazine

Yobihodazine Member

BYOND:
    Yobihodazine
    hockey suit + meth protects more from everything, also I think hockey suit can reflect disablers and lasers
    also we can still win in one hit up close using riot shotty.. Also this change just buffs the fuck out of aranesp. the new meta is 1:2:2 perfluorodecalin, aranesp, crank + smoke a cigarette and you're unstoppable without lethals. Aranesp is easy to make, and if you have aranesp AND epinephrine in your system it takes a LOT of disablers to down you, and will get you full speed really quick after being tased. crank is to make the stun wear off after you run out of stamina.
    anyway i tried to rush a room against the HoS who had a riot shotgun... rushed him and landed a taser expecting him to drop the shotty.. lol nope. I already miss the dance of death that was the one-shot taser meta, cuz IDK about any of you guys but I liked feelin like I was in the matrix dodging all the death shots

18. GarlicBread

GarlicBread Active Member

BYOND:
    GarlicBread
    I like change

Specifically these changes

19. Yobihodazine

Yobihodazine Member

BYOND:
    Yobihodazine
    Bro T.T we have always had time to react to things, see that airlock opening? assume someone is gonna shoot ya

20. GarlicBread

GarlicBread Active Member

BYOND:
    GarlicBread
    Gottagetvalids13