[NEWER] Research guide to the /tg/ branch

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Guides' started by BonesBonesBones, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OP
    BonesBonesBones

BonesBonesBones Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Maroonenahmoron
    Welcome once again to another research guide on how to get R&D maxed out easily and efficiently, brought to you by /tg/station user ShadowDimentio who made the google document sourced here.

Before you start reading, I've been suggested by InsanityToaster to include our own research guide that can be found here, just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

I'm just going to clean it up a little bit and make it out how it looked like in my own previous guide that's been tossed into the bin. Out with the old, in with the new.

-

[​IMG]
    -

And before I forget, here's a little bonus.
    -

[​IMG]

-
    You will need these amount of parts to upgrade main points of the station.

Robotics -two exosuit fabricators, cyborg chargers and exosuit chargers.
    Medbay general - two sleepers, three cryo tubes and the freezer.
    Cloning - the two cloning pods and scanners that surround the two computers.
    Kitchen - two microwaves and food processor.
    Hydroponics - seed extractor, biogenerator and plant DNA manipulator out the back.
    Cargo - The ORM (Ore Redemption Machine) and their autolathe.

The numbers to the right of the object (that needs to be placed into the destructive analyzer and processed) shows your current research process while breaking down the items.

Objects defined with a (board) require you to fabricate a computer/machine board from the circuit imprinter instead of the protolathe.

If you're not sure how R&D works all together, head on over to this /tg/station guide and keep in mind that the sprites of the machines have not been updated here on hippiestation.

Feel free to add your own suggestions down below, I just quickly whipped this up as a reference guide.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. WarRage

WarRage Member

BYOND:
    WarRage
    Since the new experimentation room with uranium in it was added, its now possible to make AT LEAST 3 x-rays guns with just stuff lying around the station which is neat

3. Gaylard

Gaylard Active Member

BYOND:
    Glordqtinkle
    mannnnnnnnnnnn, I feel like botany can phase out most of this crap and is needed regardless to max out R&D regardless. It's easier to get death nettles than beg cargo for shotguns and break the crates open and you're more likely to get ambrosia gaia than lazarus injectors and other stuffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. So if you're willing to max out R&D you may as well just grow the 8ish plants needed to get most of the R&Ds maxed or close to.

I also wish there was a section about the alien, arcane and illegal tech sections because when you get the rare chance to do that type of research it's worth knowing how to do it right. I'm not even entirely sure what can be built with those levels besides the large e-bow and adrenaline implants.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. xTrainx

xTrainx New Member

BYOND:
    XlxtrainxlX
    cybernetic liver gives bio 7, and only requires metal

5. WarRage

WarRage Member

BYOND:
    WarRage
    ayy lmao you right, upgraded one tho, this opens even more shit up without leaving the station l m a o.

6. xTrainx

xTrainx New Member

BYOND:
    XlxtrainxlX
    down the shitter