Remove blob

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BlueScope, Aug 13, 2017 at 2:13 AM.

  1. OP
    BlueScope

    BlueScope Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2016
    Messages:
    347
    Likes Received:
    32
    Trophy Points:
    28
    BYOND:
    BlueScope
    It was removed before, and should have stayed gone. When there are people literally committing suicide rather than playing against that antagonist, it's time to remove it.

    80% of the rounds end in a blob victory, 19% end in crew victory after 5 minutes because someone stumbled across it before it had a chance to expand, and 1% of the time the crew works together and kills it. I've seen two successful blob rounds where the crew one, and it was actually a fight.
     
    MethMedic likes this.
  2. Dathouse

    Dathouse Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2017
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    8
    BYOND:
    Dathouse
    Most blob rounds the chapel is made of dead bodies and nooses
     
  3. MethMedic

    MethMedic Well-Known Member Staff Member Trial Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2016
    Messages:
    1,739
    Likes Received:
    72
    Trophy Points:
    48
    BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    Blob requires organization. That's why winning is impossible
     
  4. Roma

    Roma Member

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2015
    Messages:
    326
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    18
    BYOND:
    RomaTheBest
    It can be "soloed" (some other people will be slowing it down) by mining some reources and then going to research xray guns, if blob ate sci, you got rnd boards in spare storage, but it isnt worth wasting so much time just to kill 1 shitty antag.
     
  5. Secxs

    Secxs New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2017
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    BYOND:
    Secxs
    I love Blob rounds and would personally hate to see them go; hardly anyone uses tactics like Roma suggests to fight the blob. No flash grenades or xray guns or even maxcaps. Just lasers, fire axes, welders, flamethrowers and plasma floods. Crew will get good if Blob isn't removed.
     
  6. Aaaaaaaaaa

    Aaaaaaaaaa Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2015
    Messages:
    147
    Likes Received:
    35
    Trophy Points:
    28
    BYOND:
    Higitus
    In my expirence I have Ahelped about throwing a maxcap at a blob we are clearly losing the fight against. The rule of thumb seems to be "as long as no one gets hurt" And since its a maxcap and not everyone gets a hardsuit that is more or less saying no. It would be nice to use bombs against the blob but as I understand it we cant.
     
  7. TheLoLKing

    TheLoLKing Active Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2016
    Messages:
    311
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    28
    BYOND:
    TheLoLSwat

    >mining delivering
    >RnD happening
    >on a blob round
    >blob not winning / over 200 before you get it
     

Share This Page