Roundtype Purge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kawaii Big Boss, Nov 29, 2017.

1. QuarianCommando

QuarianCommando Active Member

BYOND:
    QuarianCommando
    Vampires don't even need whitwolf levels to be good. They just need a very slightly nerfed version of what they used to be.

Vampire as it is now is the next evolution of grudgecode. Re-added in not just as a shadow of what they used to be, but as probably the most piss poor antag type in the history of hippie. Even fucking revenants are stronger.

Kawaii Big Boss likes this.
  2. Swagile

Swagile Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    Swagile
    yeah im more scared when the lights start flickering due to a pissant revenant spamming his abilities than a vampire i can ez pez take down and cremate

3. OP
    Kawaii Big Boss

Kawaii Big Boss Active Member

BYOND:
    Kawaii Big Boss
    You don't even have to kill them. Just stun them and drag them to the Chapel. R.I.P. vamp

4. Gaylard

Gaylard Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Glordqtinkle
    i miss clockwork

Rui55best likes this.
  5. AramisOfTheRainbow

AramisOfTheRainbow Member

BYOND:
    Gemini11
    Miss me with that gay shit, fam. :p

6. Maxwell the Third

Maxwell the Third Well-Known Member

BYOND:
    Fearthezp
    >So, tell me Maxwell. Are we idiots for wanting to remove things that nobody likes

nobody is subjective

just because the vocal minority of people on the forum dont like something, hey lets just remove it!

blob sucks! lets remove it!
    gangs suck, lets remove it!
    clockwork cult sucks, lets remove it!
    blood cult sucks, lets remove it!!
    rev sucks, lets remove it!

so, yes, in short, you are a fucking idiot. how long until ling and wiz are removed until they can be "fixed"

how long does it take to "fix" shit on this server? your player base is dwindling by the week, but i'm sure with less admins and even less game modes, things will surely pick up soon

inb4 fix it yourself lol or all u do is complain mxwell!!11

i had absolutely no problem with any game mode ever
    none of them were boring to me

7. Roma

Roma Active Member

BYOND:
    RomaTheBest
    Wiz has single overpowered antag, with potential to be unremovable from the round.
    When wiz spawns guns/magic, round turns into "traitor deathmatch" which is disliked by most people..

Explain, why do you think that wizard roundtype is good?

8. Gaylard

Gaylard Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Glordqtinkle
    I sure do love,
    traitor
    brothers
    traitor + changeling
    traitor + vampire
    internal affair agents
    changeling
    nuke op
    wizard

in order of frequency every roundddddddddddd , so diverse and each round really plays differently. thank u for the purge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9. GarlicBread

GarlicBread Active Member

BYOND:
    GarlicBread
    Lol take away all unique round types because some people think they're bad

Traitor only station is fun station

10. OP
    Kawaii Big Boss

Kawaii Big Boss Active Member

BYOND:
    Kawaii Big Boss
    This is a decent argument, but...
    Blob was an indisputably bad gamemode. Nobody actually went to fight the Blob, and it won 99% of the time as a result. The only times it lost was when it spawned in the armory when the Warden was in the other room, or when it blew its self up with plasma. Either way it required killing the blob immediately within 5 minutes, because once it used Split Consciousness it was all over.

Gang was not hated by the playerbase, but was removed by a rogue coder who went up to /tg/ to remove the gamemode, knowing it would flow downstream. The people over at /tg/ didn't like it, and he used that as his opportunity to forcemerge his shit. Said rogue coder has also been caught numerous times trying to forcemerge his shit, so it's no surprise that he'd try this. People are trying to re-add gangs or a gang-style gamemode right now, but it's unknown how long it will take because said coder removed it entirely from the code altogether, and re-adding it is easier said than done.

Clock Cult was similar to Blob, although the crew did go to fight it. It had a long set up, it was boring to reinforce the base, and the Clock Cult won 90% of the time due to poor teamwork. I never wanted Clock Cult removed and would have gotten around to speeding it up... if not for the fact that it was removed from rotation when I had the chance.

Blood Cult wasn't removed, and I never advocated for its removal - nor was it actually removed. I just said it was okay, and I don't really know how to elevate it above "okay".

Rev is a flawed mess. I also didn't advocate for its removal - and also it wasn't removed either. I only advocate for ending the inevitable "oh we're losing time to go hide in space" bollocks which stalls the round for an hour. We removed the ability to hide in lockers, why not remove that too?

You started on a good note but just spiraled downward on your examples. I agree that Clock Cult shouldn't have been removed because some people were whining, but the most I could do is try to talk about getting it re-added after merging some things to make the Clock Cult more balanced and fast which I would be more than happy to do. Everything else doesn't make much sense.
    On the subject of Lings, I already explained that Changeling is a garbage gamemode that simply can't be fixed, because it's an idea that's incompatible with the playerbase. I've been able to run around murderboning the whole crew as an untouchable Changeling with no regard for stealth until the admins sent in Deathsquad, are you seriously going to try and tell me that Changeling is working as the stealthy gamemode it was intended to be?

As for Wizard, I already explained that it has notable flaws. I wouldn't necessarily call it bad, but as you stated earlier it's entirely subjective. I certainly wouldn't call it very good, but there's not many ways to "fix" it without overhauling it - and that can result it in being a pain in the ass to develop for the future or just being less fun for the Wizard; the person who is going to mainly be enjoying this gamemode.
    A couple of balance changes to his spells to make him less obnoxious to fight against and grudgecoding Lich would go a long way. In fact I'll probably do that now that you and Roma have brought it up.
    You mock this argument even though that's exactly how I got shit done. I was tired of traitor items being too expensive even though they were utter shite at the end of the day, decided to change some numbers, put up a PR and before I knew it I had fixed the problem.
    It took barely any time at all to fix the "problem" that I saw. All it took was me just asking Bawbaggings how to set up github, changing a couple of numbers, and done.
    Neat. Some other players would disagree. For example I don't think anyone in this thread would say Devils was a gamemode that should stick around. That's why we removed it, nobody liked it. This isn't rocket science, this isn't "idiots complaining because their IQs are low" this is "people aren't enjoying this, so we decided to remove it."
    Removal isn't the best solution but it's by far the quickest and easiest. /tg/ sure as hell won't fix their shit, considering they're too busy merging the ability for plushies to romance each other. It's up to us to fix the problems with our own playerbase as we see fit.
    No problem, moth metagamer!