[Tomorrow1918] Sassykat123 | Banned from server

Discussion in 'Accepted Appeals' started by SassyKat123, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    SassyKat123

SassyKat123 New Member

BYOND:
    SassyKat123
    Byond acount/character name: Sassykat123/[Rat]

Banning admin: Tomorrow1918

Ban type: Permanent

Ban reason and length: "Metagaming with Momo1911. They are brothers, Momo let sassy out of perma for no reason and they were wordlessly following each other around. They also met up like 5 minutes into it.", Permanent

Time ban was placed: 2017-08-011 03:51:11

Server ban was placed on: Hippie

Round ID: 21631

Server logs: I don't have these the round is still going on as I am typing.

Your side of the story:
    [Ok I don't know where to begin with this.I am not brothers with Momo1911 nor have I ever heard this username let alone met the person in real life, when the admin was asking me if I was metagaming I mentioned I had a brother who plays on the server as well and that I didn't know for sure if the character I was talking to was him or not, but I didn't think so. Now that the byond username has been given I know for a fact that it's not my brother. I am not sure why the admin decided that this man was infact without a doubt my brother. Next, he did not let me out of perma "for no reason" which this admin would know if he looked at the conversation Momo and I had, which I guarantee you we did. I have no idea why this admin thought I was "wordlessly following him around" when we did speak quite a lot, I told him (Momo) right when he was thrown into perma that the Hos was actually an antag, I argued with him because he stole the items off the corpse I was looting, I even asked him why there was an admin pming me about him. Tomorrow1918 also claimed we met up right as the round started, again I have no idea what the admin is referring to here... I was an atmostech I helped the mime break into chemistry, I stole a braindead head from genetics, and I turned on the freezer for cryo. I also got beat up by Tpain, had a brief fight with the Hos and that's it really. I actually thought this ban was a joke at one point. Literally every single piece of evidence Tomorrow1918 cited was just completely untrue, and to be honest I think Tomorrow1918 should be punished for this he permabanned me for a nonlegit reason and didn't listen to anything I said.]

Why you think you should be unbanned:
    [Because none of it is true.]

2. MethMedic

MethMedic Well-Known Member Staff Member Trial Administrator

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    Well to start off, you are lying. You admitted yourself some time ago that he was your brother.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2017 ---
    You also met up with your brother at the cloning pods without saying a single word. I should mention, the previous round, your brother spent a fair amount of time orbiting your character. Normally that's fine but I do think it should be mentioned. You hardly spoke at all. I watched you all round and you said very little to your brother. You also "coincidentally" met up several times during the round when you went on your separate ways. And it should be mentioned, his brother was a sec officer who literally broke him out of perma. Not the others in it, just him.

3. OP
    SassyKat123

SassyKat123 New Member

BYOND:
    SassyKat123
    I am not lying, Momo is not my brother and now that you've accused me twice I want you to show the logs where I supposedly admitted he was. During the previous round I joined in shortly before the shuttle was called and spent the time before it arrived killing space carps and goofing around with the mime and some assistant I think. There must be something wrong on your end because we did talk while we were in perma and even as I was pming you, we were talking. I addressed in my appeal that I went into genetics early in the round and I do remember a security guard being in there but I don't know why that makes you think I was metagaming with him... Let me ask you a rhetorical question, you said you were following me so you can attest to the fact I never said anything to him and there was no exchange of items or other sketchy things. In fact an onlooker would even say that these are just two people that happen to be in the same room. If I was metagaming with him why would I go visit him for no reason? No one benefits from that. When you say I met up with him several times in the round I would like to know what you consider "meeting up" because pretty much immediately after I left medbay I got captured and put in perma brig and the next time I saw him he was thrown in as well. THEN when he broke me out of perma and "no one else" he created a false wall and we used that to escape so anyone who was alive in perma could have also used it which to my knowledge was no one, and he didn't break me out, we broke out together. He was also a prisoner there. I want an actual admin, not a trial admin that apparently can't even read chat to respond to this.

4. MethMedic

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    Well, the quote where you admit he's your brother is in your notes. And when I PMd you all you said to him was "why is admin thinking we metagaming" or something. I had more than enough evidence. Also, he wasn't a prisoner. He was a sec guard. Why would he be a permad prisoner??? And me being trialmin is irrelevant, I had a GM support the ban and I've been admin before.
    And yes he IS your brother, don't bother lying because you did admit to it
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2017 ---
    Well I went back, and I confused momo with someone else. Still, what you did definitely is suspicious and still makes me think you were metagaming

5. OP
    SassyKat123

SassyKat123 New Member

BYOND:
    SassyKat123
    I have told admins before and I will tell them again that I know my brother is on this server too, I think his byond name is Doc T or something like that but it is definitely not Momo1911 and unless you have a direct quote of me saying Momo1911 is my brother then don't cite it. I asked momo on 2 occasions why you were pming me the first was in perma and the second was in the armory. That next sentence again just proves that you're incompetent as an admin, I believe the hos was mindswapped with the wizard but I guess I could be wrong because I was banned before I could find out for sure. I think that because him and his team of sec robots were rounding people up indiscriminately and either killing them or putting them in perma. I was put in perma naked and handcuffed. Shortly after I was put in perma another man was brought in, also naked and handcuffed, that man was Momo. You can check the logs he freed himself first and then removed my cuffs. We looted 2 corpses that were in perma (which is when I yelled at him for taking the things that I was looting, to which he responded something along the lines of "I am a sec guard, I can't trust you") then we escaped. What really aggravates me about this, is that you are stating things as fact which just plain aren't, in the message I'm responding to you say "Also, he wasn't a prisoner." He was naked, handcuffed, and in permabrig, what do you call that? and again you can check the logs to verify that. You said you were following me for most of the round but somehow you can't see when I speak in chat, and you don't know major things that happened to my character. Now I want the quote where I supposedly said "Momo1911 is my brother" and I want you to tell me about the several meetings I apparently had with Momo before I was put in perma, which you cited in my ban reason.

6. MethMedic

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    I already explained that. I've said all I need to, I'm waiting on other admins.

7. OP
    SassyKat123

SassyKat123 New Member

BYOND:
    SassyKat123
    And let me ask you, at what point did you become suspicious I was metagaming?
    you have not explained the meetings you said I had with him
    you said 3 times I was lying without a doubt when you didn't even read the note you were citing... which surprise surprise it turned out I wasn't lying and you were wrong. More proof that you don't have all the facts due to either incompetence or neglect and that you act before thinking.

8. MethMedic

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    It was actually a mistake I made when I read his ckey, it still doesn't negate that what you did was super suspicious

9. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Did you check either of their say logs?

10. MethMedic

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    I didn't need to, I was following them literally the whole round except for like 2 minutes of it. They said very little. When they met up originally, they also said nothing. Same with the other times they met up.

11. OP
    SassyKat123

SassyKat123 New Member

BYOND:
    SassyKat123
    maybe you should check the logs then because I assure you I did talk to him. By the way I am still waiting to hear about the "other times they met up"

12. MethMedic

BYOND:
    Raveboi69
    You DID talk but it was very very little

13. OP
    SassyKat123

SassyKat123 New Member

BYOND:
    SassyKat123
    you have already proven you can't be relied on to accurately portray what happened, whether you were following me or not... you thought that the sec guard just let me out of perma and only me when really we were both prisoners and broke out, leaving a hole for any other prisoner to use. Please check the logs before you speak because your memory of events has already been proven wrong.

14. DinduStuffin

DinduStuffin Game Master Staff Member Game Master

BYOND:
    dindustuffin
    Considering that this ban was handed out on what seems to be more suspicion than hard evidence (since none was actually presented) and that the two of you didn't seem to have much harm on the ground I'm supporting this being lifted.
    Yeah I lifted this. Bans placed on suspicion and blatant ignorance of logs aren't good at all. I've checked the logs and found you both were communicating. Meeting up in some areas is suspicious but it's not justifying a flat out permaban from both. There's a lot of empty, sourceless accusations being slung around in this thread and I really do not like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.