Woross banned by Superbdingaling

Discussion in 'Accepted Appeals' started by woross, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    woross

woross Member

BYOND:
    Woross
    Byond account/character name: woross

Banning admin: superbdingaling

Ban type: Server

Ban reason and length: "Critting a security officer by stealing his things and killing him when he came to get them back.", 2880 minutes

Time ban was placed: 2017-12-05 19:50 (GMT)

Server ban was placed on: Hippie

Your side of the story:

The story began in the hallway between Medbay and Botany. I saw a guy pass by with bleeding unconscious Myomia, dragging him into the direction of escape. Of course, I couldn't just stand by. The guy would either be left for dead, spaced, sucked, looted, cremated, or blown up. So I had to do something, but I was unarmed. Close to me waching it was also a security officer who was clearly uninterested in doing what he was supposed to do, so I quickly disarmed the axe he had on him, grabbed it, and ran after the two. I hacked the guy dragging him into the leg once and he let go. I grabbed Myomia, rushed to medbay and gave him first aid. He was still unconscious however, I think from blood loss. So I went into the little room between surgery and storage and went to grab a blood pack. And that's when the officer appeared with a taser out.

Naturally, he misses all his shots. He pulls out the baton and starts beating me up while preparing cuffs. But when he went in for the actual cuffing, he manages to baton Myomia a few times instead, and accidentally handcuffs him, since we were on the same tile. Note that Myomia was still in crit at this point. He starts dragging me away off to the brig, not noticing that I am not cuffed. So when I recovered from the batons in the brig hallway, I disarmed him, stunned him, and batoned him like 10 times in limbs in order to precisely beat him unconscious so that I can finally heal the guy.

I return to the Medbay, and I see that Myomia is conscious, the Chemist apparently attached a blood pack IV just in time. He insults me for dragging him around for too long so I bugger off and go check on the officer I beat up earlier. He's not there. The bwoinks start appearing.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I don't think I did that much wrong in this case, even though the situation is pretty complicated. My intentions were primarily saving a dying guy, not beating an officer's head in. Hadn't I done anything, Myomia would have most likely ended up dead, because the officer was clearly not in the mood to chase after some two guys. It's basically a moral problem - either I do nothing and a guy almost likely dies, therefore I kill him by inaction, or I do something, save a guy, but someone else dies, therefore I kill him by action, even though I actually didn't mean to.

Of course you might ask, "why did you crit him and not left him stunned/cuffed/whatever?"

Well I have a few possible reasons.

• I had no handcuffs or morphine or anything on me, I was naked, with just my ID and a bruise pack in my ass.
    • If I left him just lying there, he would've gotten back up in 5 seconds and the situation would've repeated by the time I got back to Medbay.
    • He hit me a few times prior to this, and harmbatoning as security is really just rude.
    • He dragged me away from a guy who was in acute need of medical aid and without the unlikely aid of the Chemist, he would've almost certainly died. Which is really really rude, you're basically killing a person with your arrest.
    Including graphic representation of my arguments.

[​IMG]

2. SuperbDingaling

SuperbDingaling Member

BYOND:
    SuperbDingaling
    You stole from the guy and beat his ass when he came to get his stuff back, emergency or not, that's kinda killbait-y. Also you have a history of doing shit like that. However, if any other admins feel like what I did was incorrect or whatever, chime in.

3. OP
    woross

woross Member

BYOND:
    Woross
    Actually no, I dropped the axe back at the Medbay lobby when I recovered Myomia. And that happened in like under two minutes, he could've grabbed it there. All I wanted to do was heal the guy.

4. SuperbDingaling

SuperbDingaling Member

BYOND:
    SuperbDingaling
    Either way, you crit the guy because he was trying to arrest you.

5. bossbabyisepic

bossbabyisepic Member

BYOND:
    Bossbabyisepic
    then he shouldn't have tried to arrest him *fedoratip*

koffheatalt and woross like this.
  6. OP
    woross

woross Member

BYOND:
    Woross
    No, I crit him because I was busy and a guy was bloody dying, he saw it himself. It tends to be a matter of seconds if a guy dies from oxygen loss or not.

7. Yobihodazine

Yobihodazine Active Member

BYOND:
    Yobihodazine
    Yeah you can't let sec officers cause deaths and still get bans like this. It's a case of ignorance needing to be forced through in order to help someone.
    All woross did was crit him for being ignorant enough to essentially "kill" Myomia after he came back for revenge for the stolen axe he didn't need.
    Another instance of dumbass admins like SuperpDingaling not reading into the situation and helping the ignorant/completely shit player side of the argument.

8. Felix

Felix New Member

BYOND:
    IdyllicAdventure
    isnt crit = kill?

9. OP
    woross

woross Member

BYOND:
    Woross
    I'd say that critting someone is less of a kill than ignoring murder as security.

10. GuyonBroadway

GuyonBroadway Active Member Mentor

BYOND:
    GuyonBroadway
    Crit is considered killing around here, its even in the rules. Especially if you don't heal them afterwards.

11. Yobihodazine

Yobihodazine Active Member

BYOND:
    Yobihodazine
    Woross planned to heal the officer but unfortunately he was dragged away. The officer was critted because of his own stupidity arresting someone who was saving someone else's life. The arrest reason was also really shitty. The officer was temporarily critted out of necessity.

Swagile, woross, koffheatalt and 4 others like this.
  12. Felix

Felix New Member

BYOND:
    IdyllicAdventure
    i mean i would crit a security officer if he was being shitcurity as well. why would you arrest someone when they are healing a guy? obviously the officer cannot do his job right and needs to be fucked over

13. McBawbaggings

McBawbaggings Well-Known Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    McBawbaggings
    tbh if this is true i don't think the ban is legit
    really grey area for this stuff so i'd rather not punish since your motivation was to help someone from being killed
    if the sec officer is being inactive and you do his job better than him then fuck him, he deserves it

14. Swagile

Swagile Game Admin Staff Member Game Admin

BYOND:
    Swagile
    The officer was in the wrong here.

Attacking a guy / stealing from him randomly then killing them when they attack you back is kill baiting.

What happened here was a security officer having an item disarmed off of them (that they shouldn't have anyway but that's beside the point) and then used to save a civilian life. They then rendered aid to another person, something that the officer should have done but chose not to (his choice), but it's also his choice to get his ass beat when he decided to arrest someone who is doing his job for him.

This was not kill baiting at all and the sec officer's ahelp should have been ignored.

Valid appeal; the problem here is Super did not take the time to look into the incident further than "he attacked first". What should have happened is "hey, woross, why the fuck did u beat that duderoni up"

The answer would have been "security is shit because of x, y, z, and when I did their job they tried to arrest me".

TL;DR appeal is valid, not enough investigation by the admin at hand.

15. McBawbaggings

McBawbaggings Well-Known Member Ex-Admin

BYOND:
    McBawbaggings
    also to further add, crit = killing is for random critting for no reason

if you actually have a decent reason to kick someone's ass into crit because of a lack of stuns (primarily stolen, forgetting to equip your shit isn't an excuse) then i wouldn't bat my eyes at it if the arrest was anything but being anal

16. Dudeinyourbackyard

Dudeinyourbackyard Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

BYOND:
    Dudeinyourbackyard
    For the reasons previously highlighted, the note is lifted and won't count against you.
    Appeal accepted.
    There is no need to face shame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.